The Davis™ Reading Programme for Young Learners
Providing important tools to beginning readers. Through the unique partnership philosophy of the program, parents or other family members gain the skills needed to provide the child with ongoing quality support.
The Best Start
Young learners deserve the best start we can give them. Strong research evidence suggests that children who are exposed to Davis methods at pre-reading or primary level (age 5-8) benefit in the following ways:
- They are highly unlikely to develop a learning difficulty.
- They are significantly more likely to qualify for gifted
- Their basic word recognition will be among the highest levels expected for their age group.
Our aims are
- to provide lifelong learning skills to younger children through a partnership between Facilitator, child and parent
- to give one or both of the child’s parent, or a support person, sufficient confidence and skill to continue working with
the Davis Young Learner’s Kit after the program
- to provide children with the conceptual skills needed to develop reading fluency and comprehension.
Typically, the Facilitator will schedule 25-30 hours of time with the student; at least half or more of the program time will also include the parent or support person participating in helping the child with the new skills and techniques.
Copyright Davis Dyslexia Association International – Used with permission. www.dyslexia.com/davis-difference/davis-programs/davis-reading-program-for-young-learners/
The Davis™ Reading Program for Young Learners
The Davis Reading Program for Young Learners is an individualized learning enhancement program with a licensed and trained Davis Facilitator. Its mission is to give children aged 5-7 the best possible start at the outset of their learning career. A parent or caregiver attends the sessions so that they can continue the techniques at home and do the post-program work. Includes:
- Letter and alphabet mastery
- Common punctuation marks
- 3 steps to easier reading
- Mastery of basic words
- Materials required for post program work
- Three 1-2 hour follow-up review sessions
- Unlimited email and phone consultation with your facilitator
Providing lifelong learning skills to younger children through a partnership between facilitator, child and parent
Professional services described as Davis™, including Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis™ Symbol Mastery, Davis™ Orientation Counseling, Davis™ Attention Mastery, Davis™ Math Mastery, and Davis™ Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.
Licensed and certified by Davis Dyslexia Association International