What happens before a programme?
We get together for an initial 2-3-hour Initial Consultation with follow-up email summary.
* An initial consultation is NOT an official assessment for Dyslexia or AD(H)D. Your school, tertiary institute or workplace will have its own systems and requirements to direct you to: educational psychologists; Woodcock Johnson or SPELD assessors; own internal assessment processes.
Davis facilitators can easily work with clients with or without official assessments; I work in consultation with the client and his or her whānau / family or support team to make decisions on programme suitability and timing to ensure success. $350 +GST for workplace Initial Consultations; free for families. Mileage may apply.
An Initial Consultation highlights:
– the strengths of your natural learning style
– any skills or areas you would like to work on / goals
No decisions on the day: I give you time to think whether a Davis programme is right for you. No obligation.
Once you decide to go ahead, you clear the time for your Davis Programme and make it work for you.
Q: How much time will a Davis Programme take?
A: 1 -2 week intensive (30 hours) and 5-6 months’ follow-up
During the initial F2F and 1-1 programme, the client gets all the Tools they need to create significant change.
This is followed by 5-6 months of practice to strengthen the new neural pathways.
– 5-6 days for Davis Dyslexia Correction plus 5-6 months of follow-up
– 2-3 days extra for serious handwriting issues
– 5-10 days for Davis Attention Mastery plus follow-up which may involve home or worksite visits
– 10-15 days for Davis Maths Mastery plus follow-up
– 2 weeks – mornings only – for Davis Reading Programme for Young Learners
Family price and workplace or corporate prices are between 5K – 6.5K plus GST depending on the programme. All programmes include 5-6 months of follow-up and training of your whānau or those supporting you.
Contact me for encouragement or direction on finding funding from your employer, for yourself or for your child. Davis Learning Strategies are provided at some schools at no cost. Ask your school if this is available for your child.
I give whānau, support team or committed individuals training in how to work with their employee or family member for the 5-6 months required after the initial programme. It is simple – it just needs to be done:)
All programmes have 3 x 1-2-hr post-programme check-ins @ 1 month, 3 months and 6 months or as can be scheduled realistically. I am available for questions – and welcome them – over the 5-6 months of follow-up work.
See below the testimonial for how a 25-hour programme worked for a student at a trades training institute:
19 year old student – BCAT (Building and Construction and Allied Trades)
… When asked of what else has he noticed, he said “I have heaps of energy! Before I would be tired all the time and didn’t want to do anything. Now I can put my mind to focus on things and I know I can do it.”
From my observations as a tutor, he is happier, extremely more confident and his willingness to try something new is inspiring. Previously he would not make eye contact, say yes and just stare at the paper, too scared or confused to try anything.
The fear of failure is gone and he is ok with getting it wrong and keen to keep trying until he succeeds. He happily asks questions to clarify his understanding – he would not have done this before. In the short time you have worked with him Claire, there has been an amazing transformation and whilst there is still work to be done, especially around numeracy…. the difference you have made to this young man’s life is nothing short of beautiful! Thank you… from the bottom of my heart, for working with one of our students.
What happens on a programme?
– Using your natural learning style, we get to work on your goals
– I give you a way to become calm and stay focused when you need to
– You practice the Davis tools for self-regulation and you experience accurate sensory perception
– You start noticing moments of confusion or disorientation as it occurs
– Using your new Davis tools, you learn how to clear up any confusion as it occurs
- Removing confusion at root cause
– The confusion happened for a reason…
– You simply use your new tools to remove the reason for the confusion, detrigger past confusions ‘easefully’
– We go step-by step; if the reason for the problem is gone, then your symptoms simply fall away
- Accurate sensory perception for focused learning
Wow! Let’s have a drink of water with fresh lemon to celebrate!
Next, you put in the pictures or concepts that were missing due to your previous confusions.
This is easy, creative and fun, and now…
– Your brain is now seeing what your eyes see – accurately
– Your brain now hears what your ears hear – accurately
– Your internal sense of time no longer speeds up or slows down
– Movement and balance are also accurate
Now you have accurate perception and, along with removal of confusion, this leads to improvements in areas such as reading, spelling, handwriting, listening to instructions, coordination and balance. Stress and anxiety are lowered; new skills and existing skills are independently managed with self-regulation tools. More importantly, there is now space for self-esteem and confidence to grow.
The Davis™ Dyslexia Programmes
Professional services described as Davis™, including Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis™ Symbol Mastery, Davis™ Orientation Counseling, Davis™ Attention Mastery, Davis™ Math Mastery, and Davis™ Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.
Licensed and certified by Davis Dyslexia Association International