Davis™ Attention Mastery
Davis™ Attention Mastery is a drug-free, individual, intensive empowerment program for children and adults which works for the ADD thinking style to enable a person to master areas of their lives that have previously caused them confusion.
What is ADD/ADHD?
ADD, or Attention Deficit Disorder, or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder are names given to a variety of characteristics which can include one or more of the following:
- Tendency to excessive daydreaming
- Behavioural issues
- Difficulty making friends
- Lack of awareness, or knowledge, of time
- Difficulty understanding instructions
- Difficulty with personal organisation
and/or finishing things
Yet ADD has many positive features too. Those with ADD are often naturally inquisitive, good multi-taskers, can be quick-witted, visionary, good lateral thinkers and/or courageous when it comes to taking risks. These characteristics can be powerful assets in many walks of life.
A whole person approach
The very name “Attention Deficit Disorder” testifies to the way in which these characteristics have become stigmatised by society. Sadly, many ADD programs offer a suppressive approach, seeing the condition as a disease or disorder requiring prescriptive treatment. Some advocate the use of powerful psycho-active drugs and stimulants. The risk here is that positive attributes of the ADD thinking style may be eliminated or impaired along with those traits which have been deemed undesirable.
The Davis™ Attention Mastery Program
A drug-free, individual, intensive empowerment program for children and adults which works with the ADD thinking style, to enable a person to master areas of their lives that have previously caused them confusion.
The Davis™ Attention Mastery program combines powerful internal self-management tools with a creative, multi-sensory and judgement-free exploration of personal issues through the medium of plasticine clay.
A typical program includes the following elements:
- Davis™ Orientation Counselling provides the self-directed ability to switch between creative thinking and accurate perception, to control or adjust personal energy levels, and to achieve a relaxed state of focus.
- Davis™ Concept Mastery enhances a person’s ability to see life through the “filters” of universal concepts such as change, consequence, time, sequence, order and disorder. A unique clay-based learning technique enables a person to “create” these concepts for themselves.
- Other Davis techniques are employed as needed when ADD is accompanied by other learning issues
Copyright – Richard Whitehead, Davis Learning Foundation – used with permission
This drug-free approach helps those with ADD/ADHD to control energy levels and to focus
Professional services described as Davis™, including Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis™ Symbol Mastery, Davis™ Orientation Counseling, Davis™ Attention Mastery, Davis™ Math Mastery, and Davis™ Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.
Licensed and certified by Davis Dyslexia Association International