Kia ora koutou
Professional Learning Support
Davis Programmes address the root cause of learning issues. We work alongside a person’s natural learning style to address areas where confusion with symbols (letters, words and numerals are symbols) has caused ‘disorientation’. Using the simple visual and kinaesthetic Davis tools and approach to focus, we start to see symptoms of confusion dropping away. Clients connect to and work on their goals which can be in areas of listening, reading comprehension and writing. We then see the unique benefit of neuro-diverse learning styles, sometimes called the dyslexic advantage, shining through.
The world needs dyslexics now more than ever.
I trained as a Davis Dyslexia Programme Facilitator after more than 30 years of teaching and facilitation at national and international levels.
My career path has included:
- Primary school teacher (NZ)
- English as a Second Language (ESOL) in Japan, Korea and NZ
- Writing specialist in South Korea and Aotearoa/NZ
- Literacy professional development ( especially written skills )
- The Virtues ProjectTM – facilitator for schools and organisations
- Community Education – programme coordinator
- Life skills for youth offenders
- Embedded literacy and numeracy in the tertiary sector
Previously – Team Leader (Literacy)
National Centre of Literacy and Numeracy for Adults NZ
- Professional literacy support services for Maori and Pasifika
- Masters in Applied Linguistics
- Diploma in Teaching (Primary)
- Dip.TESL; CELTA – English as a Second Language teacher
- Current: Licensed Davis Dyslexia Programme Facilitator
Davis Facilitators focus on what people with dyslexia CAN do.
Give us your goals! We help you achieve working alongside your dyslexic strengths.
Professional services described as Davis™, including Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis™ Symbol Mastery, Davis™ Orientation Counseling, Davis™ Attention Mastery, Davis™ Math Mastery, and Davis™ Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.
Licensed and certified by Davis Dyslexia Association International